Healthy Chicken Recipes You Must To Try
With chicken being one of the most versatile ingredients, you can use it to make a range of dishes. Chicken is also easy to cook and can be paired with many other ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, and spices. Whether you want healthy chicken recipes for lunch or dinner, here are some healthy recipes that will help you avoid unhealthy ones.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Healthy chicken recipes baked chicken nuggets are made with chunks of boneless chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese then baked until golden.
What can be more kid-friendly than making homemade chicken nuggets, even the pickiest kids like them! This easy, homemade recipe is perfect for toddlers and adults and so much healthier than frozen! Serve them with ketchup, BBQ sauce or whatever you like to dip your nuggets into. A delicious way to use up chicken breasts which I often make and serve over salad for a satisfying lunch. If you have an air fryer, you can also try Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Flour (for dredging)
- Eggs (beaten)
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
Tips for perfect baked chicken nuggets:
- Start with organic chicken, when possible. Trim any excess fat.
- Baking pans will give you different results, these work best in an aluminum pan for even browned and crisp edges. Nonstick doesn’t work as well.
- Spray the pan with oil to prevent sticking.
Honey Mustard Chicken Burgers
Honey mustard chicken burgers are one of the easiest, most delicious, and healthy chicken recipes that you can make for dinner. This recipe is a great way to use leftover grilled or baked chicken breasts. The honey mustard sauce adds sweetness and tanginess to these burgers, making them extra tasty!
If you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand, no problem! You can cook up some chopped meat in advance before mixing it with all the other ingredients for these burgers. Just make sure that whatever type of poultry (chicken or turkey) you choose has been thoroughly cooked until no pink remains before adding it to this recipe so that there won’t be any bacteria growing inside your burger patties when they’re cooking on their own later down the road, especially if anyone has food sensitivities like an allergy towards certain meats like pork products for example.
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Salad
Chicken Teriyaki is a popular dish that consists of chicken and vegetables marinated in a sweet sauce made from soy sauce and sugar. The chicken is then grilled or broiled and served over rice.
Chicken Teriyaki Salad is one of my favorite recipes because it’s so easy to make, but also extremely flavorful. You can serve this dish as an appetizer or even as an if you want something light for dinner!
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce – (see note)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts – pounded to even thickness
- 8 cups chopped romaine – or green leaf lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- ¼ red onion – thinly sliced
- 2 avocados – sliced
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple rings – with juice, (juice divided between marinade and dressing, see instructions)
- cilantro – roughly chopped
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar – or apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- pineapple juice – (from the can of pineapple rings)
- Combine chicken, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, and half of the pineapple juice from your can of pineapple slices in a large resealable bag. Press the extra air out of the bag, seal, and chill for 15 minutes.
- In a small-medium bowl combine all dressing ingredients, whisk to combine, then cover and chill until ready to use.
- Grease and preheat your grill. Place chicken on grill and discard bag with marinade. Place chicken and pineapple rings on the grill. Grill pineapple rings just until hot and tender and grill marks start to form. Grill chicken 6-10 minutes on each side until browned and cooked all the way through (completely white inside, no pink). Transfer to cutting board and slice into strips or chop into 1-inch pieces. Assemble salads with chopped lettuce on the bottom, then top with chicken, tomatoes, onions, avocado slices, grilled pineapple slices and cilantro. Serve with prepared dressing (stir or shake immediately before serving). Top with sesame seeds if desired.
Greek Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or more) to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 onion chopped (about 2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute or so until fragrant. Add chicken breast pieces along with salt and pepper to taste; stir well until all ingredients are combined evenly together then cover with water by about 2 inches above the level of ingredients in the pot so not too much liquid will evaporate during the cooking process later on when we turn the stove off after reaching desired consistency level inside our dish before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this list of healthy chicken recipes. We hope that it has inspired you to try something new, whether it’s one of our suggestions or another one from your own kitchen. The most important thing is that the recipes we have shared today are easy to make and will help you stay on track with your health goals!